County Administration

Clerk, Auditor, and Recorder

Penny Manning

Bonneville County Clerk

We will be accepting marriage licenses & passports by appointment only effective March 31, 2020.

Click here to schedule your appointment

The Recorder's Office is located on the second floor of the Court House, room 204.
605 N. Capital, Idaho Falls, Idaho 83402
208-529-1350  X1350,   FAX 208-529-1311
Hours of operation: Monday through Friday, 8:00-5:00.  Closed all major holidays.

Bonneville County Clerk - Penny Manning
208.529.1350  ext. 1350

Online Features:

Search for Land Records, Purchase County Documents. Apply online for: Marriage License, Alcohol License, or Catering Permits by clicking here.

Recording fees:

Search land and purchase copies of official county documents by clicking here.

Documents can vary in price by title and/or number of pages, please call our office to ensure proper payment or you may also choose to include a “not to exceed checkwith your recording. To see current fees click here.

The document must be the original, signed, notarized document.

To request copies of recorded documents-you can come into our office and make the request or mail a request to us specifying what document you need along with any information you have and a self-addressed stamped envelope.  Copies are $1.00 per page, add $1.00 per document for certification.  Large copies of plats and surveys are $5.00 each.  Please make checks payable to Bonneville County Recorder and mail requests to 605 N Capital, Idaho Falls, ID 83402.

Bonneville County does not require any business licenses other than for peddlers/solicitors working outside the city limits.  Please check with the city in which you plan to have you business to see what requirements they may have.

We do not carry any legal forms (quit claim deeds, lien forms, etc.), you can find those at Staples or Office Max, some forms can be found at Title Company offices or through an attorney.

Prices subject to change.

Marriage Licenses:

Apply online or a marriage license by clicking here

Both parties must be present.  You need an ID with your birthdate, $28.00 and you need to know your social security number.
If you do not have a social security number, you must go to the social security office and get a letter from them stating why you do not have a number.
If you are under the age of 18yrs., one parent must sign an affidavit authorizing the marriage.
If you  are under the age of 16yrs., you must have a judge's permission authorizing the marriage.
Marriage licenses do not have a waiting period or expiration date.
You can get a marriage license in any county in Idaho and get married anywhere in Idaho.  The license will be recorded in the county in which you purchase it.


Passport applications will be accepted Monday through Friday until 2:00 pm.

Applicant needs to be present and provide:


• Passport photo

• Original certified birth certificate or naturalization papers

• Photo ID  

$35.00 cash or card for Acceptance Fee

Check or Money Order made payable to US Dept. of State for passport fee

Visit for fee schedule and more in-depth instructions.

Notary Public:

Notaries are available in the Recorder's office.  There is a $1.00 fee per stamp.  Do not sign the document before presenting it to the notary.  You will need ID in order for you document to be notarized.  We cannot notarize copies of transcripts, birth certificates, death certificates, etc.

Liquor License:

Apply for a retail alcohol beverage license by clicking here

Liquor licenses are good for one year, they expire on September 30th of every year.  To obtain a license, you must first have your State Liquor/Alcoholic license.  We require a copy of that license and a completed application.

Fees: Liquor License (includes wine)-$187.50
Beer  draft, bottled, canned, and retail   $100.00
Beer  bottled or canned to be consumed on premises    $75.00
Beer  bottled or canned not to be consumed on premises  $25.00
Wine  retail   $100.00
Wine  by the glass   $100.00

Catering Permit:

Apply for a catering permit by clicking here

Catering permits are $20/day.  You need to fill out our catering permit application, bring in your state issued alcohol license and fees.  Catering permits are only issued for up to 5 consecutive days.  Your application must be in at least 10 days prior to the event.

Helpful links:

Health and Welfare for birth and death certificates as well as marriage and divorce information.  We do not have record of any births or deaths.
The Secretary of State registers businesses.

The Recorder's Office website is for general information purposes only.  Bonneville County assumes no responsibility for any errors or omissions, and they reserve the right to modify it's contents without prior notice.