Identification at the Polls
34-1113 and 34-1114, Idaho Code, state that every elector must show one of the acceptable Photo ID’s or sign the Personal Identification Affidavit.
Acceptable forms of ID are:
• A valid Idaho driver’s license or identification card
• A U.S. passport or Federal photo identification card
• An Idaho Concealed Weapons Permit
• A tribal photo identification card
• A current student photo ID, issued by an Idaho high school or post secondary educational institution
If an elector is not able to show one of the above forms of acceptable ID, they will be allowed to sign the Personal Identification Affidavit.
On the Affidavit, the voter swears to his or her identity under penalty of perjury . After signing the Affidavit, the voter will be issued a ballot to be counted with all other ballots.