Transfer Station

No items found.
Contact Information

2455 Hemmert Ave.

Idaho Falls, ID 

(208) 528-5550


Monday – Saturday 7:00 am – 7:00 pm 

Holiday Hours:  Closed Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year’s Day    

7:00 am – 2:00 pm all other holidays and the day after Thanksgiving  


Motor Oil and Antifreeze (5 gallons max each) will be accepted Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday 8am-4pm with personnel available for disposal assistance.

All household garbage 



Carpet and carpet pad


Bulky metal items


Refrigerators, freezers, air conditioners, any freon item has fee     -      

Tires – see tire disposal fees below

Automobile batteries (lead acid only)

Latex paint (solidified only with cat litter, floor dry, sawdust, sand or hardener) 

Grass clippings and Leaves –  Commercial haulers have fee 

Agriculture waste- hay, straw ½ ton or less- has fee 

Computers, Printers, Copy Machines, Electronics now must be recycled at E-Cyclers facility on North Yellowstone Hwy.

*Dead animals/carcasses and large quantities of agriculture waste must be hauled to Peterson Hill Landfill.  Please make appointment for disposal by calling Transfer Station at (208) 528-5550.       


Refrigerators, Freezers, Air Conditioners, any Freon item $10 each
Grass Clippings/Leaves (Commercial Loads) $10 per ton
Mixed Loads Hauled to Peterson Hill $58 per ton
Agriculture Waste $38 per ton
Out of County Waste $120 per ton

TIRE DISPOSAL FEE according to size with or without rim

Type Rime Size Fee
Motorcycle - $2 each
Automobile, Light Truck, UTV 19.5" or less $3each
Semi Truck 19.5" to 24.5" $6 each
Farm Implement 25" to 50" $25 each
Earth Moving Equipment 20.5 x 25 + $50 each

IN COUNTY COMMERCIAL WASTE (not assessed) Businesses

Vehicle Type Fee
Pickup or Small Trailer less than 8 foot $5 per load
Trailer greater than 8 feet $15 per load
6 Wheeler $15 per load
10 Wheeler $25 per load
Semi $50 per load

Cash, check, and card accepted for payment

Convenience fee associated with all card transactions

Bonneville County reserves the right to ask for proof of residency.  The County also reserves the right to inspect and reject any load or portion of load at the Solid Waste Facility.

Frequently Asked Questions

Pages Also Searched

No items found.